Sunday, October 23, 2005

Another day in paradise...

So it's just another day here in sunny florida...not that its sunny...got hurricane wilma heading to the south of the state...Where I live, it won't be a direct hit...but we are under a tropical storm warning...kids are bugging, hoping that the schools will be closed....I just don't know...I don't care if they are closed or not...means another day to get to sleep in, and that much more gas in the ole' tank...
Hubby worked today...he hasn't worked the last few sunday's...he deserved the days off...
I don't have any wonderful words of wisdom or insights into human nature...course that wasn't the point of me keeping a blog...but I read some of these things and people realllllly have some deep thoughts...me? I can't even think of what to have for dinner that's cheap...lol....I am watching the food channel (as usual) and they make all this stuff that I wouldnt even attempt...even rachel rays 30 minute meals....good lord, if I tried to cook something in "under thirty minutes or less" I would probably kill my entire family w/ food poisoning because of under cooked food.... I mean really..how does a big fat chicken breast cook in under 15 minutes?? I say cook it til its dead again,....just in case...I remember once when I was younger I made spaghetti and meatballs for me and my sister...I didn't eat the meatballs....I don't know why...she did...spent the next two days pukin and poopin...to this day, she won't eat a meatball....I don't see where that was my fault...
My son wants to go to culinary school....He, the one who will only eat turkey, salisbury steak and chicken breast....he won't try anything new...how can you be a cook w/out tasting, and trying new things??? I thought about going myself..but...what can I say? I can't cook seafood to save my soul...I won't even eat seafood....how can i cook it??? I love to grill....that's alot of fun...but I don't think the world is ready for charcoal steak, w/ a hint of smoke..
I watched my oldest daughter make macaroni and cheese once....she didn't read the directions, at all....I think she added a whole stick of butter, maybe a teaspoon of milk...well....THAT was interesting when it was all done...and she ate the whole thing....go figure...no wonder she spends hours on the toilet...ewwwwwww
My youngest made something once...I remember when she was about three...I had put her down for a nap..good mommy that I am, feel asleep on the couch..watching foodtv of course...when I woke up...I hear her in the kitchen..humming....I get up...oh my GOD!!!! she has the dog food bowl...in it she has added about a dozen eggs...a five pound sack of flour, a gallon of milk...the contents of the pickle jar...and a can of dog food....my rotti....he's lovin it.!!!! I don't know how he ate it...I really dont know how he lived thru it...and little libby???? she just sat there with her plastic spoon, stirrin as he ate..givin him a kibble as he slurped thru that slop...oh god...she was hummin...with flour all in her hair, and her face....It was the funniest thing I have ever seen....
Yeah...the dog did end up throwin up....and if you know a rottweiler..the gas...well what can I say??? He spent the remainder of the day outside....ughhhh...that was something....
Anyways...enough of my rambling for one day....Everyday Italian is comin on...giada sure knows how to cook italian...tho I HATE when she says "spagiti"...if you don't watch that show, trust me...its very annoying...
Have a great one!!! Pray for this storm to pass without incident...and I will be back with more thoughts of mine another day....
smart ass remarks

2 smart ass remarks

smart ass remarks Blogger Gaelin

So when you gonna get pictures up? If you have a digital camera i can lead you through the steps, it's quite simple :)

It must be great to have kids who are old enough to cook.

Our time zones are completely opposite, for me this is late afternoon, and you're just waking up!

Hope you have a good day

24 October, 2005 07:04  
smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

gaelin,
I will try to get pics today..my mom has a dig camera plus she might already have pics of my kids..i have been playing around a bit so I might be able to figure it out, tho thanks for the help..also, my daughter is a computer geek and she's 16, so I think she will be able to help,too..speakin of which, I should put her web page that she made on my site..she's really good...gotta figure out how to do that..any ways...gonna update so have a good one, storm is almost gone

24 October, 2005 09:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home