Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween is over...on to Thanksgiving...

So, we did the whole trick or treat thing last nite...It was cool...the weather was perfect, not too cool, but definately not hot...I love it...My oldest daughter dressed as a grecian goddess and my little one was a princess...she wanted to be a dead cheerleader, as she has wanted to be for the last 6 years..lol...but she was a princess..go figure...my son didn't dress up...he hasn't for the last two years..I think he thinks he is too old...Sometimes, I really just don't get him.
We do halloween w/ my sister-in-law and the triplets..I stay at her house w/ Jacob and we give out the candy to the kids..He loves when the kids talk to him, so he stays w/ me..My DH (dear husband, as he will be referred as from now on) and his sister and her hubby take the rest of the kids around their neighborhood.. That area has the best candy, and alot of migrators..(kids from other areas, that migrate over to their place..parents drop them off at the end of the road, and drive along as the kids trick or treat) My nephews dressed up as: the bear was a pirate, joshie was darth vader and jacob was a doctor. We decided he would be a doctor for a change, instead of always being the patient..lol..we also had other side of the families kids too...I don't remember what they dressed as tho...they got there late and took off right away, so I didn't see...lol..Kids..always in a hurry..I really wish they could bottle kid's energy..cuz I sure as hell could use it..
So, needless to say, they made a good haul..Tons of candy they don't need, and which I will throw away in about three weeks....They really don't need all that crap, but, hey..three weeks is long enough, right?
And on to other things. My 16 year old. She can lie to my face so easily. Why is that? And why do I always fall for it? Report cards came out last wednesday. She said she would get hers on Friday, cuz High School is different than the other schools, ya know. I didn't really believe that, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. So friday comes. "Well, Mom, we had a pep rally first thing this morning, so they are gonna give them out monday. I swear ,mom. I promise. Monday. You can call" me.."You swear? Cuz you know I will call" her"No, mom, I swear, you can call anyone..I swear"
So, I call the school. By this time, its after 4 in the afternoon, so office hours, and all...well, I got their voicemail..In comes daddy...where's your report card? and so the story goes...again...well daddy calls his brother...(his kids go to the same school) Oh, I got their report cards on WEDNESDAY
WTF...i say...how can she lie to me like that, and again I say, why do I fall for it??????? It was homecoming weekend, and homecoming dance was saturday..so she just wanted to put it off (the grounding) but she got busted.. So I get her report yesterday and she's got 3F's, 2D's a B and an A. We have grounded this girl, taken everything away, and she still continues to pull the same grades. I don't know what to do anymore. She really just doesn't do the work..No homework,ever....I know I have been on her ass for years about this, but nothing ever changes. Grounding her has no affect at all...She literally doesn't care. As long as she still gets to school to see her friends, she's happy. I told her I was gonna switch her schools, and she said it was fine, cuz she has friends there, too. I thought about home schooling, but I really don't have that kind of patience. Then I threatened to pull her out of school all together, make her quit and get a job...She said that wasn't fair. How is that??? She cries cuz I wanna MAKE her quit school...Oh lord, I just don't know what to do with her. Cuz besides her school, she really is a good kid...she doesn't do drugs, she isn't a smart ass teenager...and she actually LIKES me and her dad. She loves to sit w/ us daily and talk and talk. She TALKS to us. Doesn't anyone out there have the answer???? Cuz I sure as hell don't
Well I guess thats enough bitching for one day. Like I said, Halloween was nice, and I am glad this year is almost over.
smart ass remarks

2 smart ass remarks

smart ass remarks Blogger Gaelin

What is it with kids? My daughter is also an angel most of the time, and other times she's absolutely impossible! I guess the whole lying thing is a way of avoiding responsability...

When is Thanksgiving? We don't celebrate that either :)

01 November, 2005 10:46  
smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

I think (Great w/ history here...not) that Thanksgiving is an American holiday..the whole pilgrim thingy...lol...its the 24th this year...usually the 4th thursday in november...must remember to be thankful for everything...even lying children..lol..just kiddin

01 November, 2005 11:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home