Tuesday, June 13, 2006

One down....


Just a quick update today....Well...Two weeks into the season, and we've gotten the first storm out of the way...Not that its totally gone yet, tho...
Alberto brought losts of much needed rain my way, which was definately something my area needed...It didn't get too bad here, just, like I said, lots of rains...the winds picked up around 2 a.m. this morning, but when I went out to get my coffee this morning, everything was still in its place. My daughters school was opened as a shelter, so she didn't have school today...which wasn't a bad thing as far as she was concerned...lol...When I called emergency management, they stated that only 5 people took advantage of the shelter. Today will be the true test, as high tide is in about an hour or so...2:40 pm...expected storm surge of about 3-6 feet. Not too bad, in the big scheme of things, but they were already flooded this morning from the rains....My sister in law lives on the water in Hernando Beach, so Im sure she is working to get things off the floor in her bottom level...But hey, it happens, when ya live on the water...
We didn't have any mandatory evactuations, which again, was a big plus...Not that I would've left...not for this storm...Wasn't any worse than our usual afternoon thunderstorms...and we also didn't have too much tornado action...THAT is the shit that scares me...but again, those happen alot, too...in our regular thunderstorms, so, ya know...lol...
Just figured, if anyone wondered, that I would give the all clear. Im safe, and sound...and waitin on the next one...the way things look..it should be about two weeks when the next one hits...lol...(God, I hope not)
And thats all from my end...
:)Just me
smart ass remarks

4 smart ass remarks

smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

Thanks for stopping by Southern Charm....and welcome to the bloggin world...
YEAH MIKE!!!! Bout fricken time man...god, I've missed ya...and I even took you off my "slacker's" list...heheheh...take care...and talk to ya later
:)Just me

13 June, 2006 16:50  
smart ass remarks Blogger Maria

Hey thanks for the comment, I haven't updated cos I have had so much work on finish my course in 3 weeks, no haven't had no test results yet, but I feel fine so thats a good sign..
The weather has been lovely here past few weeks but now the rain is back..grr Take care..

13 June, 2006 22:27  
smart ass remarks Blogger mgc

good to hear all is well. no quakes or floods here in cali.

14 June, 2006 12:45  
smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

Maria...glad to hear your feeling better..good luck on your course work...talk to ya later
mgc...glad your not shakin or floodin..thats what we like to hear..take care
:)Just me

14 June, 2006 16:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home