Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Its MOTORCYCLE AWARENESS MONTH




MOTORCYCLE AWARENESS MONTH!!!!!!

Not too much to talk about today...Not much is going on as usual...Spent the day yesterday cleaning my sis in laws house...She keeps me in my cell phone, if I clean for her once a month...so, needless to say...Thats what I do to keep my cell...lol..gotta have it, ya know..
It rained like a bitch this morning...Not that I know exactly how a bitch rains..but I digress...What I'm trying to say is that it poured...really hard...and not for nothing, we definately need it...the whole damn state is burning down from lack of it...the problem is, that it rains TOO hard, so it doesn't really soak into the ground...it just floods and runs off into retention ponds...ahhh well...I guess every little bit helps...
Spent the weekend watching movies...as usual...lets see...I watched Must Love Dogs..then An Unfinished Life w/ Robert Redford, J Lo and Morgan Freeman...very good movie...we enjoyed it...Dr Dolittle 3...stupid..but the kids liked it..and last was Guess Who...Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher...was very funny...but these movies are all pretty much the same...but hey..I guess it is all just mindless fun..I do want to go see United 93..as blogger buddy Red did this weekend...I think its a movie everyone should see...just in case they've forgotten....Some people need to remember, some people can never foget...
The kids are all still kickin...fixing to kick Doug's ass...he tends to start getting into trouble by the end of the school year...and let me tell ya, his school..well you just can't do that....you can not fart sideways in that school without a discipline phone call...I shit you not...its very very annoying, but I truly believe in their education program. Its very good, and advanced, very computer oriented...he's in 8th grade, but his english class counts towards high school 9th grade. So, with any luck, he will graduate in three years instead of four. It really depends on the Culinary Program..if it can be done in that time..if not, he will go the four years for that...I do have to give him credit...he knows what he wants to do...Now, if he would just stay the hell out of trouble...He just really hates to be told what to do, and when to do it...which he doesn't have that option...i mean, hell..he's just a kid...but they realllly don't put up with the attitude...as a matter of fact, he's suspended thursday, as he threw someones books on the floor, off the desk...little bit of a temper problem...lol...so I told him one more phone call from that school from now until the 18th, and he loses his graduation trip...they are going to Universal Studios..(that kinda pissed him off, but like I told him, its very simple...stay the hell out of trouble)...and imagine, he's only graduating Middle School, for God's sake..but the school opened three years ago, and he started three years ago, so its the First full 6-8 graduating class...so, its more a big deal...same with the smoker's school...it opened three years ago...so IF she graduates next year..she'll be in the first full graduating class...but I must stress the IF...cuz it's still in question...
ahhhhh well...enough about that...I really do tend to bitch about the kids alot, don't I? Sorry about that...but better here, than at them...not that they listen, at all anyways....lol
SO....I guess that about sums it up from my end...I need to say one thing tho..it is Motorcycle Awareness Month...Please..Please....watch for motorcycles...its very important to be aware that they aren't easy to see...unless you, GOD FORBID, actually PAY attention to the road and whats around you...it only takes a second to wipe out someone on a motorcycle...and that person could be me...or my hubby...or anyone else that rides...Just wanted to pass that on...PLEASE be careful out there.
smart ass remarks

7 smart ass remarks

smart ass remarks Blogger Maria

Hey, am back, just read your blog and was laughing about your little boy being in trouble, bless him, he's a boy thats what they do..hehe
That fil you were talking about *united 93* whats it about? It won't be out over here for a while but it sounds interesting is it to do with 911 or something?
Well i hope the rain stops for you, we have been having the opposite for a change fabulous weather, but god I hate gardening.
anyway hope your well and I'll talk to u soon..xx

13 May, 2006 01:58  
smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

hey maria...welcome back...lol..anyways..that's not one of my kids...its just a pic I found on line...Yeah, I don't have any kids that little anymore...yeah..Flight 93 is about 9-11..the passengers that fought back...should be really good...but sad...anyways...was good to hear from ya..take care
:)Just me

13 May, 2006 10:39  
smart ass remarks Blogger Gaelin

Hiya, i'm back online :)

I wish we had motorbike awareness month on this side of the world. My mom and her girlfriend ride a Harley, and those are impossible to ignore, but I can imagine the guys on the smaller bikes have a tough time of it. Never mind bicycles! But that's another story..

Glad you're well and chirpy,

Light and love ;)

17 May, 2006 03:48  
smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

welcome back gaelin...you know I missed ya, right??...lol...yeah..I wish people were more aware of motorcycles, but I do know, even I have not noticed them at times..thank God, I have never made them crash or anything..we have lost 4 motorcyclists in the last week alone in my area, two of them county deputies, off duty at the time...very sad stories...and as for your mom and her girlfriend riding harley....tell them I said GOOD GOING!!! lol..my husbands bike is a harley, so Im a little biased...lol...anyways...thanks for stopping by and letting me know your back...now we can discuss the ways of life again...
:)Just me

17 May, 2006 09:30  
smart ass remarks Blogger Ashburnite

are you still around? haven't heard from you in a while

17 May, 2006 10:58  
smart ass remarks Blogger mgc

thanks for the promotion of motorcycle awareness. i had some asshole turn left in front of me and i had to lock 'em up, couldn't steer around him. layed down about a 20 foot patch of rubber as my 720lbs harley was sideways like a flat track dirtbike. luckily, i missed him by about 2 feet. crazy!

ride safe!

17 May, 2006 12:11  
smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

hey ash..yeah, im still here...but Im PMS'ing, and I find that I shouldn't blog when Im doing that, cuz I tend to be either a cry baby or a bitch...lol...so, I will update tomorrow...it will be a better day...hey mgc...that's awful...see thats the shit that scares the hell out of me...and my idiot of a husband doesn't wear a helmet, so...ya know how that goes...he figures, if he's going down, he's going all out...dumbass...good thing I love him, tho some days...lol..be careful out there...hopefully some little motorcycle angel is watching over you....take care..
:)Just me

17 May, 2006 14:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home