Tuesday, March 28, 2006

More ramblings of my life....

So...here it is...another day in the life. Not alot is going on. Its Tuesday morning, its nice and sunny outside, temp is like 65 degrees. The last few days of coolness before the god awful heat sets in. Have I said that I hate the heat?? Yeah, again, I know..I live in Florida, deal with it. Well...I do deal with it. I stay inside..with the AC cranked until October. Ahhh well...such is life.
The smoker came home from school yesterday with a major migraine. It really sucks to see your child suffer like that. She was supposed to be at work, but I called her in sick. Her head hurt so bad she was actually throwing up. After a Motrin 800 and a dark cool room and nap, she woke up at 7 pm feeling much better. Thank God. I really hate that. She has a doctor's appt. on Friday. They are going to have to give her more meds. She has been under the neurologist's care for the last 4 years. They weaned her off her daily meds, with good results. But she still gets a bad one about once a month. I would just like them to give her something to have on hand for when she DOES get one. Because even when she was on the daily meds, she still got one about once a month. So I would rather she didn't have to take something everyday for the rest of her life. But, still...if she has to, what can I say? I just hate that she has to be in pain like that. I worry alot, too, because my sis-in-law (the mom of trips) has migraines, as does my husband. But with my sis-in-law, she gets them sooo bad. She is only 34. And she has had two strokes, caused by migraines. Or so they say. The first time she had a stroke, it happened right in front of me, and she was only 29 at the time. My God, it was the scariest thing I have ever seen. At least at the time.
I don't think I have ever talked about my sis in law. She is something, thats for sure. But, like I said, she has some problems when it comes to her health. At least, more so since the triplets have been born. I guess carrying them is quite stressful to the body...lol...to say the least. But, she has been like my little sis/best friend for years. And even calling her "in law" is so strange to me. She's always been just my little sister. I have taken care of her thru sicknesses throughout her life. When she was just a teenager, she had bleeding ulcers. When her mom was at work, she would call me from school to sign her out. LOL...I guess I wasn't a good influence on her, but still...I loved her to death. She ended up having endometriosis, and couldn't conceive. Well..she could, but she had miscarriage after miscarriage. It was so awful for her. And it was even so bad, that when I would get pregnant, I actually felt guilty. I remember I was pregnant with Libby, and she was pregnant, and lost the baby. It was awful. But she ended up having invitro, and thats how she ended up having the boys. What a wonderful joyous time. When she went into labor, tho at 6 mo's...god, I was soooo scared for her. Those boys...man. They were born three months premature, weighing 1 lb 15, 1lb 12 and 1lb 151/2. They were so tiny, you could put a ring on their arm.. As a matter of fact, somewhere I have a pic of joshie with his dad's wedding band on his arm...that is smalll...They spent time in the Neonatal ICU...and of course, we all know how they are now...lol...God's little precious gifts....
And life went on...then last may...the end of May to be exact, she decided to get a tummy tuck and boob job...just a lift...so, I of course, went to take care of her after the surgery. It went well. But after about a week or so....after it was too late...we realized that she had a very bad reaction to the pain meds they put her on. Needless to say...she went crazy. Literally...and I'm not joking. She went after her mom with a crucifix that was hanging on her bedroom wall...tried to kill her...and beat the living crap out of her husband. We didn't know what the hell was going on...we ended up calling 911 and they came and took her....she was screaming at them, telling them to commit her...and then she gave them MY name...I will never forget it....it was June 15..my wedding anniversary. Well..they took her away...to the hospital...dosed her up with antipsycotics...which, when they noticed no improvment didn't know what to do with her. She had no idea who she really was...kept saying the date and time over and over again. She didn't know she had the boys..she kept asking for her little girls (steph and elizabeth)...well...they ended up sending her home...they didn't know what to do for her...so I moved in to her house...sent my kids and her boys to my mom in laws (her mom) and I kept Jacob home, because his medical equipment is all at the house...and I took care of her and Jacob...yes..her husband was there too...We both just stopped everything and tried to take care of her. We had to hide the car keys..all the phones..she would just grab a phone and call people like she was normal...and tell them we were holding her against her will. My husband (her brother) was at a loss...thats his baby sister...and he felt like we should just put her in a ward...which was probably true, now. But at the time, we thought we could deal....Finally...it all came to a head...she wouldn't let me sleep one night...kept coming into the room telling me I had to go home...that darrell was gonna be mad, that I was out too late...then she kept saying that she was fine, that she was just doing it to see if we loved her enough to take care of her...it was awful...after a lonnnnngggg nite of that...she finally fell asleep about 10am the next day. I told Joe(her hubby) that I needed a break...I had to go home, and spend some time with my husband and kids...he said okay...at this point the dr.'s had told us to stop giving her any medications..to see if that was the problem. After I went home and spent the night at my house, I went back the next day. It was like nothing had ever happened. She was back to normal. She was mortified...crying and saying how sorry she was. They (the doctors) finally figured out the meds she was on from the surgery, coupled with the antipsycotics was what the problem was. And now that its been almost a year, its been on my mind alot. Things have gotten back to normal...that time is still pretty much of a blur, but for her, she remembers everything...feeling out of control...and being in the hospital...It was the second worse thing I have ever been thru with her.
I think I have had enough...I tell her all the time now, that we have just been thru way too much together...and yes, we can joke about it....its the only way to get thru something like that....But...I know that its not something I will ever forget..and I tell her..if you ever even think of taking another pill, I will kill her...lol
Well...I guess I really went on there...Didn't know what I was gonna write about today...so, that's what happens when I don't have a plan...lol...
I will write more another day....Gonna go clean house...or play a game...I don't know which, yet....
Take care...

:)Just me
smart ass remarks

2 smart ass remarks

smart ass remarks Blogger Ashburnite

wow...I've never heard of anyone having a reaction to pain meds like that before.

My best friend has frequent migraines- to the point that she had to go to the emergency room every time she had one. They finally gave her some demerol injections to keep at home for when she gets them. I'm surprised they haven't done that yet with the smoker. It's probably because of her age...I think Dr's are hesitant to give a 16 year-old injectible pain medicine & needles (which I can understand).

28 March, 2006 10:39  
smart ass remarks Blogger Diayah

Hey Sorry I have not written. I too suffer and have suffered from Migraine sever enough that they punctured my spine to see if I was having an aneurysm.

I don’t know why they will not give her zomig or immatrix. There are all sorts of migraine meds out there..

I can only take zomig - but it works, if I can stay away from lights.

Also trying to stay away from triggers helps so she should try to find out what is in common when they strike if anything. I suffer from visual migraines which are very scary because eventually you cant see - then the pain hits.

Mine are usually triggered by what else? stress - but smoking, caffeine, chocolate, and some perfumes can trigger them too..

I am sorry to hear she suffers from them .. they are common for women between 18 – 40 so she is young. I can only imagine watching your kid go through that.. especially when you have first hand knowledge of what they are going through.

I hope she stays well.

Take care,
D

02 April, 2006 22:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home