Sunday, September 10, 2006

MY September 11 Tribute to VINNIE CANGELOSI

VINCENT CANGELOSI...NOVEMBER 08,1970-SEPTEMBER 11, 2001
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

"Who You'd Be Today"

Sunny days seem to hurt the most.
I wear the pain like a heavy coat.
I feel you everywhere I go.
I see your smile, I see your face,
I hear you laughin' in the rain.
I still can't believe you're gone.

It ain't fair: you died too young,
Like the story that had just begun,
But death tore the pages all away.
God knows how I miss you,
All the hell I've been through,
Just knowin' no-one could take your place.
An' sometimes I wonder,
Who'd you be today?

Would you see the world? Would you chase your dreams?
Settle down with a family,
I wonder what would you name your babies?
Some days the sky's so blue,
I feel like I can talk to you,
An' I know it might sound crazy.

It ain't fair: you died too young,
Like the story that had just begun,
But death tore the pages all away.
God knows how I miss you,
All the hell I've been through,
Just knowin' no-one could take your place.
An' sometimes I wonder,
Who you'd be today?

Today, today, today.
Today, today, today.
Sunny days seem to hurt the most.
I wear the pain like a heavy coat.
The only thing that gives me hope,
Is I know I'll see you again some day.

Some day, some day, some day.


KENNEY CHESNEY


I have been haunted by Vinnie since the day I was assigned his name. I have, like so many others, spent alot of time trying to get information about this handsome young man. The one thing that comes up most often, tho, is how much he was loved. I knew this...He had to be loved...by at least parents...I wanted to know more...I know his parents loved him...Mary Ann, and dad Vincent...Dawn Marie, his sister, loved him. I do know that he was a godfather...to Victoria...and that his Aunt Daisy and Uncle Tom Cooper, of Staten Island...they they loved him.

Here's what a few people that loved him had to say...


My heart goes out the Vinny's family, especially his mom and dad. Vinny was a great guy, he always had me laughin! He would have been 34 years old today. Happy Birthday!
You're forever in my thoughts,
prayers and dreams, Love, Deana


VINCENT WE MISS YOU SO MUCH. I TELL YOUR GODCHILD VICTORIA IN HOW SHE MISS OUT IN SUCH A GOOD MAN. YOUR YOUR PERSONSILITY WAS THE BEST. WHEN I BAKE THOSE CAKES ON SUNDAY, THE LAUGH WE HAD IN CANARISE EVENINGS WILL ALWAYS ME REMEMBER. I PRAY EVERY SUNDAY HOPE YOUR GRANDPARENTS ARE BY YOURSIDE. I ALWAYS LOVE NEVER FORGOTTEN AUNT DAISY COOPER/VICTORIA


Dorothy R.

God bless you and keep you Vinnie,thanks for all the laughs.



Vincent worked for Cantor Vitzgerald as a bond trader. He worked in World Trade Center, Tower 1. And that was on the 105th Floor of that building. I can only pray that when the hell erupted, he had no clue what was going on, and that it was swift..I know he would've been thinking about those he loved....

I wish I had known him...He was such a handsome, funny, and just a well rounded guy. But, for now, I will honor him with my paultry words. I know I can never do him justice, but I know that when he looks down, and I know...funny, to think that he would read this...That he would be proud to be honored....


To read other tributes, please go to 2996 List of Tributes
smart ass remarks

15 smart ass remarks

smart ass remarks Blogger Lisa M.

Very neat tribute. You're thoughfulness comes out in your words.

I have had a very intense day, reading the tributes. Thank you for sharing Vinnie with us. I feel like I know him a little bit.

It has been an incredible experience being part of the 2,996.

10 September, 2006 15:33  
smart ass remarks Blogger The Wandering Author

Kirsten; I think you did a great job on Vinnie's tribute. You made me wish I'd known him, too. My prayers go out to all those who loved and miss him.

10 September, 2006 18:56  
smart ass remarks Blogger Alicia

Sigh....

The Kenny Chesney lyrics are perfect.

Tribute to Christopher Paul Slattery

11 September, 2006 01:07  
smart ass remarks Blogger mgc

wonderful words, K.

thank you so much for turning me on to tribute 2996. i have made a personal pledge to never forget Randy Scott.

11 September, 2006 02:39  
smart ass remarks Anonymous Anonymous

Thank you for sharing. And remembering.

11 September, 2006 08:51  
smart ass remarks Blogger erin

Wonderful tribute Kirsten....you did a great job. Thank you for sharing and for your comment. I'm glad to know there will be a ceremony today where you live.

Blessings,
Erin

11 September, 2006 11:37  
smart ass remarks Blogger Mark Base

Bloody good job, Kirsten. The guy sounds brilliant. Thank you.

11 September, 2006 11:42  
smart ass remarks Blogger Karmyn R

Participaing in this tribute has been such a moving experience. Thank you for helping to make the statistic so much more personal. He was a light that should never have dimmed.

Remember Donald Delapenha

11 September, 2006 16:04  
smart ass remarks Blogger Sue

This is a wonderful tribute! You did a great job!

On my MSN space, I have Stu's tribute also. A friend of his from work heard about the 2,996 project on the radio this morning in Houston. He left a comment saying he was talking to Stu on the phone when the first plane hit. I cannot even imagine that.

We can only hope that those on the 105th floor succumbed to smoke inhalation and never knew what really hit them. I have prayed asking Stu to help me write the tribute. It's difficult with such little information. His brother did email me with a just a very short 'this is nice'. That is all. I think it is all just still too painful for the families.

Great job again! Thanks for coming by!

Sue

11 September, 2006 17:43  
smart ass remarks Blogger Lone Star Purrs

Thanks for sharing. It's an honor to be a part of this.
~Becca

Remember Sean Tallon, FDNY

11 September, 2006 20:30  
smart ass remarks Anonymous Anonymous

Beautiful tribute...

11 September, 2006 21:16  
smart ass remarks Blogger Jen

Wow, he was almost exactly the same age as me (I was born around 3 months earlier.) That just brings it all home for me.

Thanks for stopping by to help remember Anna Williams Allison.

11 September, 2006 21:17  
smart ass remarks Blogger None

Great tribute Kirsten.

11 September, 2006 21:37  
smart ass remarks Blogger Queen of the Universe

So very moving. My eyes are filled with tears as I type this post. thank you.

11 September, 2006 22:56  
smart ass remarks Blogger MsDemmie

What a beautiful tribute - and I think you more than did him justice.

12 September, 2006 10:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home