Friday, December 09, 2005

Its just another day here....

Nothing new is going on here...Of course, we all know I have no wonderful insights either, but hey...I never said I was deep...lol
Last nite was a very quiet evening...Of course, we had the baked spaghetti for dinner...wasn't as good as I wanted it to be...but hey...never claimed to be a chef,either...lol...though hubby loves my cooking...what does he know??? He's only had my cooking for the last 20 years, so there's really nothing to compare it too...of course Libby didn't eat it....she hates spaghetti...of course she does...unless it comes in a can labled Chef Boyardee...go fricken figure...she's such a picky little shit...she heated up taco's leftover from her birthday dinner...well I hope it was from then...you never really know in my fridge...(note to self.....ask Lib how her stomach feels today...oopsie)
The other kids ate everything on their plates...I have to say its nice as the kids get older, they complain less about the food...I mean just ten years ago, they would only eat hot dogs and the occasional hamburger....go figure..:)
And then we all sat on the couch and listened to music...It may sound boring, I know..but that is something we don't usually do around here...in the car, yes...but not at home...kids usually listening to their MP3 players...still on the couch with us...but in their own worlds....Last nite was different...our cable company has music on demand stations...so we were listening to them....We flipped between Today's Country, and Hit List....it was really insane, but so much fun....if we didn't know a song that was playing on one, we switched to the other...and like I've said before, Im not much into country, but there was a time when I was...and they were playing some songs I know....and funnily enough, so did the hubby...the bad ass harley driving hard core old rock listener...lol...The kid that is his helper at work has somehow converted the hubby into a country fool...lmao...he knew the words better than I did...lmao...again, sounds very mundane...but for me, it was sooo nice...
I love when we act like a family that loves each other...don't get me wrong...we all do.....but like I said....we all have such a routine...it was nice to break away from that for awhile...and just be silly...
Then 8 oclock came....no more fun and games....Survivor is on for god's sake...lol..We are a family entirely tooooo wrapped up in our t.v. shows...but I can honestly say that no matter what's on...we all sit together and chat...Even the teenagers...I know, I know...but I think they actually might LIKE us a little...lol....
Anyways...enough....gotta get doing something around here...what, I don't know...but I think it will probably be me, yahoo messenger...and collapse...my favorite game...not really...just addicted....
Have a great day!!

:)
smart ass remarks

6 smart ass remarks

smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

lmao.,..that's funny...her in college...Not being mean, just truthful...she won't be going to college with the grades she has...trust me...but I try to remember that It could be worse..she could be having sex..taking drugs...yada yada...I don't think Im asking for too much...just do the work dammit...lol

09 December, 2005 10:50  
smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

lmao....see thats the thing...I remember ME at her age....and it wasn't pretty..but she knows everything about my past...and that I want more for her...I don't see our relationship changing that way...at least, I pray that it doesn't....so, don't worry...I worry about it every day!!! lol

09 December, 2005 10:59  
smart ass remarks Blogger Sky

You make it sound like your life is dull. Many of us would kill to have your life. I would love it if I had someone in my life to cook for. I don't cook because it is just for me but when I have a significant other, I cook most every night. *sigh. It would be nice to have all those "little family problems".

09 December, 2005 13:31  
smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

yeah...I know it...we had this discussion before...no matter what, I think we all think the grass is greener..etc...My life IS boring...just like anything else...its the same ole, same ole...but I will say this...as much as I bitch..and wonder about the what ifs...I wouldn't change a thing..well...most things anyways...lol...have a great day
:)

09 December, 2005 15:33  
smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

too true red...I learned to never cook my mom in laws things cuz, its never the same....shes a great cook..messy...lol...but great...but if it's one of my fav's of hers, I will not cook it...besides, she will cook it whenever I ask...heheheh....as for Survivor...welll....I think Cindy did the right thing...I think if she had given up the car and gave them the cars, they would've voted her off anyways...even though they said they wouldn't...who do you want to win????

10 December, 2005 07:09  
smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

I know it...but I went to YOUR blog, that you finally started...lol....talk to ya soon

12 December, 2005 08:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home