Saturday, December 24, 2005

A story...by Steph

As I promised, my daughter Stephanie wrote a Christmas story for you all to enjoy..

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas...and I will talk to you all soon
:)

A Christmas Story
Once upon a time, there were two puppies. One as dark as night, who called herself Midnight, and the other as white as the snow, who called himself Snow.
These puppies were very special They were special because they were born on Christmas Eve.
"Come on Snow!" said Midnight, pouncing on her brother. "You take tooo long!"
They were heading towards the big Christmas tree in the middle of the city, hoping to find a home.
"Midnight!", whined Snow, "I'm going as fast as my little legs can carry me!"
Midnight ran ahead of her brother.
"Meow", came a feeble little sound, inside a crummy old box.
"What's that?", asked Snow, sticking his head into the box.
"I'm not a that, I'm a HER!" came the voice from inside the box.
"And I am a kitten."
She stepped out of the box. She was many colors. She had brown, grey, black.
"I'm Kaley. And you are???" she asked.
"I'm Midnight, and this is my brother, Snow", replied Midnight.
Kaley looked at them. "Where are you two going?? Can I come with you, too?" she asked. Her tail swished back and forth as she asked, while her whiskers twitched.
"we are going to the big tree in the middle of the city. We want to try to get a home!" said Snow, walking towards the tree again.
"OH!! I want to come too," said Kaley, following the two puppies.
They continued walking. They came to a big road.
"Do we cross it?" asked Kaley.
"Well, yeah...." said Midnight, stepping into the road. Suddenly...a car came speeding down the road!!
"Ohhhhhhh what was THAT?" asked Midnight, running back to the alley where they found Kaley.
"I think that was one of those things called a car" said Kaley.
She looked back towards the road.
"We have to run acrossed it", said Snow.
"It's ACROSS it, not acrossed," said Kaley, running to the other side of the road.
"That was easy!" she said. "Now you try!"
Snow and Midnight crossed after her. They both agreed that it was very easy indeed.
"Snow! Wait up!!" called the two girls as they ran to catch up with him.

The night wore on. The three little babies trudged on together.
"Kaley, I'm tired. Lets rest here for a little while" said Midnight. It was snowing and it was getting dark. They couldn't see where they were, but did find a doorstep to cuddle up on.

"MOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM!" said the little girl as she stepped out side. She has almost stepped on the three furry shapes covered in snow.
She picked up the three of them and carried them inside the house.
Her mother came over to see what the little girl had.
"Susan, that is two puppies, and a little kitten. They have tags on them."
"We do???" asked Midnight, looking at the other two. "You guys!! WE have TAGS on us! I wonder what they say?"
"Wow, the black puppy sure is noisy," giggled susan. "What do the tags say?" she asked.
"Mandy, do we have any more batteries?" asked a man in a bathrobe.
"Rick, Look...PUPPIES!! and a little Kitten!", said Mandy, Susan's mom.
Rick picked up Midnight and read the tag. It says...
To the Smiths...Please take care of Midnight, Love Santa

Rick read the rest of the tags. "The white puppy is called Snow, and the kitten is Kaley...like calico for calico cat. Cute..." he said.
"I guess you got what you wished for Sue", said her mom.
Midnight pounced on Snow and Kaley. "You hear that??? WE HAVE A HOME!!! We have a home!"
Snow yawned. "I'm cold", he whined.
"OH Snow, " said Kaley and Midnight together, laughing.
"Can we keep them?" asked Susan.
"Of course," said Mandy and Rick.

"Merry Christmas," Susan whispered into their fur...."Merry Christmas!!!"

THE END
smart ass remarks

2 smart ass remarks

smart ass remarks Blogger Diayah

aww that is a sweet story... I can't even think of something smart ass to say.. and that for me is really something!

I think it is because it is asleep because it is numb.. but that is another story!!!!!!!!!!!!

27 December, 2005 01:13  
smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

thanks........lol......sorry about your ass, btw....lol...and Steph says thank you, too...or she would, if she was home...she loves to write...lol...anyways...talk to ya later...are you gonna try to come chat tonite?? I know its early, but we should be there awhile...

27 December, 2005 09:52  

Post a Comment

<< Home