Thursday, February 02, 2006

So...today is Groundhog Day....HAPPY G HOG DAY everyone...lol...I had to watch this morning, as my little one wanted him NOT to see his shadow...she hates winter, and still thinks that for some odd reason this stupid rodent actually predicts whether or not winter will be longer...god, to be that young again, ya know? BUT, needless to say, he DID see his shadow, and therefore, we WILL have another 6 weeks of winter. SOOOO, CHUCK, this little weather report is for you...IT WILL be cold for a little bit longer, K???
Other than that, not too much is going on in my world. I am slowly catching up on all my bills. How's that for progress?...lol...I have already filed my taxes, as I still have three wonderful little deductions...oops, I mean kids, to buy new clothes for. My oldest, Stephanie, started working yesterday. She got a job at McDonalds. Which actually was a pretty funny story.....Her and her cousin Chris drive to school together...well chris's dad said if he didn't have a job by the end of the month, he would lose his car. So, they heard that Mickey D's was hiring, and he took steph w/him to fill out the app. I told her she should fill one out, too, tho she was like,"ewwww, I ain't workin at no McDonalds" (didn't really say it like that, just wanted to add a little teenage attitude, sorry....lol) I say, "what are you? a fricken SNOB??? you too good to work fast food? " (DID really say it like that,...its my attitude, so there...heheheheh) and she just rolled her eyes at me...sigh...god, she's just so precious...well, long story short, she did fill out the app, and she got a job, and poor Chris did NOT. So, now, I not only have to again drive her to her bus stop, I now have to drive her to and from work....I think this job of hers is really gonna kill me in gas....lol....Tho, if she gets rid of her last F, she will be able to get her license....Lord knows, her DADDY bought her a car last Christmas...a 93 Thunderbird...(and he says I spoil her....geeezzzzz)
Her driving scares the shit out of me, I have to say...In her defense, she is a good driver, as teenagers go, but she's my KID for gods sake. It truly is the weirdest thing, when you see your child get behind the wheel of a car. I mean, the thing is a WEAPON!!! I know, Im a little over dramatic, but I can't help it...It's like, just last year, she was a baby...ya know? Now she has a car, a job, a life....wow...I can't take it....sob sob sob...
But I know that I need to cut the apron strings. But I wish someone could tell me how...cuz It hurts....But I DO trust her, I truly do. And I do try to keep that in mind....but enough...or I really will start blubbering...lol

ANYways....other than that, things around my life are just truckin along...all the kids are trying real hard in school...my son was accepted into the Culinary Program at the local tech High school...I couldn't believe it...they only had twenty openings for incoming freshmen, and 80 students applied. He is so excited. The only bad thing was that his best friend didn't. At least, not yet. They still have to do the lottery drawing. I guess it was 10 students they took from Portfolio's and 10 students from lottery. With any luck, he will get in on that. They have plans to go to the tech...then move to new york and go to Culinary School, which I'm assuming they mean the CIA...(Culinary Institute of America) and open up a Bistro...too funny, huh? It's nice tho, that he has a plan, at least....It's all good. He's been cooking dinner, too.....HOW in the WORLD did these kids get so grown up??? But, at least I still got Lib...lol..she's a trip herself....but she is trying to bring up her grades too...and she's still young enough to NOT know what she wants to be when she grows up....at least this year, anyways....lol

And that about sums it all up. Things are looking pretty good...which is a far cry from this time last month. I am healthy and happy...as are my hubby and kids, so who the hell am I to complain about anything?...lol...Not alot to say about news lately....None of it is good.....Florida panthers are running out of territory, and they are going to move them out of state....FL panthers....live in GEORGIA or ARKANSAS....tho arkansas said absolutely not...one person went so far as to say that if they are going extinct, let them, its God's Will....PLEASE!!!!! Mines have been shut down because of safety issues....duhhhhhh....that was a no-brainer...and from what I gather over at Reds Blog, Super Bowl is this SUNDAY!!!! GOD save me from another stupid Bowl thingy....lol...tho I WILL watch it....(was that gasps of shock I hear???? hehheheheheh) cuz I LOVE THOSE COMMERCIALS!!!!!! and hey, not for nothing but any SURVIVOR FANS (RED) it starts TONITE at 8 p.m. You all know where I will be at that time...hehehehhe
and GO SEATURTLES!!! OOPS...I did it again, red....I mean....GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Have a great day everyone....and keep smilin....sean, I think you need to give bri a kick in the ass....she seems to need one....lol

Love ya's!!!

:)Just me
smart ass remarks

6 smart ass remarks

smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

hahahahah....this is the one called Exile Island....your gonna HAVE to watch it...I think they are in Panama maybe?? Im not sure..and not for nothin, survivor is over at 9, so you could see the end of Dancing w/ the stars...do you know who got voted out last week?? I missed the vote...ya just can't miss survivor, girl...

02 February, 2006 10:50  
smart ass remarks Blogger Diayah

OK I dont remmeber you being so self absorbed..SEAN... lack of hero worship affecting you eh? PITA.

As for growing up.. I never wanted to and resent the fact that I am now one..

As for seeking it in your kids it is scary and awesome at the same time. When my 6 yr old needs to curl up to me and I look into his eyes I can't believe he is so big.. it was just yesterday he was toddling around.. and my lil baby she is walking and talking. She is heart stopingly adorable.. She understands the signs for her mom, dad, and brother. She can wave goodbye now. Her first word is "GO" and usually to the dog to go away.. at a year and a half she knows what "garbage" means she walked into the kitchen opened up the laundry bi-fold door, lifted up the garbage can lid, and threw away her goldfish wrapper!!

Anyway when you think of the alternative... growing up is wonderful.

02 February, 2006 23:31  
smart ass remarks Blogger Bri

THIS IS THE OLD SEAN THAT I AM USED TO! Sounds like things must be going ok hahaha. Oh, and thanks for the "kick in the ass" comment Kirsten! LOL He's 1000 miles away and he's still scared of me, I just know it. I would take him down so quick he won't have known what hit him.

03 February, 2006 12:25  
smart ass remarks Blogger Kirsten

LMAO!!!! Sean, youre toooo funny....fantasy land, huh??? I bet bri is gonna really kick your ass now...lol....love ya

:)Just me

04 February, 2006 15:53  
smart ass remarks Blogger Diayah

Fantasy land, eh.. either you shacked up with Micheal Jackson post neverland.. or you bought Fantasy Island? I can see it now.. Sean saying.. de plane.. de plane..

05 February, 2006 00:07  
smart ass remarks Blogger Bri

Well, it's easy for him to talk when he's so far away, and out of reach. When we are around each other, which hasn't been for like 6 years, it's a totally different story. It's ok Sean, I won't hurt you too bad...

06 February, 2006 19:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home